Focal Point
Dimension Builder - Not Found

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7971021062

December 04, 2007, 11:07 AM
Jay
Dimension Builder - Not Found
I am using WebFocus 7.6.4 and when I right click on the master files and click NEW, I get the following choices:

Synonym
Sysonym via Editor
Upload Data File

I don't get the Dimension Builder

Does any have any idea why I don't get it.

If anybody from IBI wants to help, call me at (212)878-0264.

Thank you.

WebFocus 7.6.6
Oracle 10
Windows XP
December 04, 2007, 12:22 PM
GinnyJakes
If you choose the Synonym Editor, you get a tool with multiple tabs including a modeling tab which will allow you to create dimensions.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
December 05, 2007, 09:01 AM
Jay
that is true what you said - my question is why can't I get it to work as the mini-demo shows. The mini demo shows a tool that I want - not the one that I have now

WebFocus 7.6.6
Oracle 10
Windows XP
December 05, 2007, 09:16 AM
GinnyJakes
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that question nor do I know which mini-demo you are referring to.

We use almost all relational sources here and as a standard do not modify the masters after creation. If I was going to create dimensions, I would use the OLAP Dimensions tool available from the Procedure Viewer.

Sorry I can't be more help. Maybe someone else can.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
December 11, 2007, 01:13 PM
Kerry
Hi Jay,

Has this issue been resolved on your side? If not, have you contacted Information Builders' Customer Support Services for assistance? It would be recommended that you open a case and we can take a look at your system and settings in more details. To open a case, you may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access InfoResponse at any time.

Many thanks to Ginny's input. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.