Focal Point
[CLOSED] Kill if Report is empty with Infoassist

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7977065096

July 18, 2018, 10:43 AM
jenni
[CLOSED] Kill if Report is empty with Infoassist
Hi,

is it possible to set
-SET &&KILL_RPC = IF &LINES EQ 0 THEN 'Y' ELSE 'N';
without Texteditor, so only with Infoassist, sothat the Business User can stop their empty reports as well??

thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs
July 18, 2018, 04:00 PM
Tomsweb
Can you post a code sample ?

quote:
Originally posted by jenni:
Hi,

is it possible to set
-SET &&KILL_RPC = IF &LINES EQ 0 THEN 'Y' ELSE 'N';
without Texteditor, so only with Infoassist, sothat the Business User can stop their empty reports as well??

thanks!

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36
July 19, 2018, 03:09 AM
jenni
@Tomsweb Actually there's no Need for an code example, because it's just the request I don't know.

The question is, if there is a way to stop empty reports (only using InfoAssist and Report Cater)

Because I only know the was of this -SET KILL.. to stop distributing empty reports.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs
July 19, 2018, 07:43 AM
MartinY
"Alert" feature may answer your need.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
July 19, 2018, 07:49 AM
BabakNYC
The default setting in InfoAssist for a report that returns 0 records is ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT ON. That will show the report with only the column titles. The alternative to that is to set it to OFF in which case you'll see the WebFOCUS generic message of 0 Records 0 Lines. I'm not sure how you'd kill a report once you've already found out there are no records in the output because it's already run. I think the EMPTYREPORT ON is the only user friendly way to let an InfoAssist user know their request was empty. Anything beyond that will require development work.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows