Focal Point
Houston

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7981096992

September 17, 2008, 05:27 PM
PBrightwell
Houston
Just to let you all know, I weathered the hurricane and had little damage. I hope that other Houstonites will report in, we are concerned about you. Glenda, Sam?? Tom Flynn are your parents ok?

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
September 17, 2008, 07:33 PM
Glenda
Pat,

I'm doing fine. Other than having to run the generator, things are relatively back to normal.

I'll be working from home until further notice.

Hope all are doing well.

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows
September 18, 2008, 09:27 AM
Prarie
Glad to hear all is well. One of my good friends finally got electricity yesterday at 1:30pm...she lives in Sugarland. I have my 80 year old aunt with me...she is still waiting on electricty before returning...she lives in the Meyerland area.
September 18, 2008, 09:43 AM
PBrightwell
Tom, my electric has been on since Monday night. I sent you my phone # in the PM. I have 3 furnished bedrooms and it is just me here now.

I got A/C back just as the cool front moved in and I didn't need it anymore. I had very minor damage. One of my neighbors has a tree through their bedroom.

I too am working from home and using my empty freezer to make ice for neighbors who still don't have power and may not have till Sept 29. Well I usually have power, it just flashed again. Thank goodness I have a UPS.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
September 18, 2008, 10:59 AM
Glenda
Let's look at the bright side. At least I'll have plenty of firewood for my fireplace this winter. With all limbs that came down in my yard, the only damage was one small hole in the roof.

I hope the rest of you get back to normal as quickly as possible. If you need anything and I can possibly help with, let me know. For those of you who are unable to return to work for a while, I heard that the people in the mandatory evacuation areas are eligible for two months of food stamps. If you don't need to apply, pass the information on to those who could use the help. The number is 512-973-9203.

Good luck all.

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows
September 18, 2008, 11:14 AM
Prarie
I read you could also get unemployment...even if self employed.