Focal Point
[SOLVED] Dynamic value Bursting Compound layout report (PDF Output)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7997064786

August 09, 2017, 10:26 AM
v_ani
[SOLVED] Dynamic value Bursting Compound layout report (PDF Output)
Hello,

The report created as a compound layout reports(PDF output) and it has multiple reports.
The report has 2 option for the user:
1.Current year
2.Dropdown(PO Names).The PO Names has 42 values ex:1.Adavantage health 2. CIPH so on...
Currently the user manually running the report enter the "Current year" and select the option 1 at a time from the dropdown and run the report.

The user wants this report automated from Report caster. I am trying to burst the report. When I tried from reportcaster I can select one value from dropdown and distribute to user. is there way can I enter all the 42 values in the parameter instead of 1 value at a time choose from dropdown.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
August 09, 2017, 01:35 PM
Doug
Short answer: Yes, you can do that in WebFOCUS.

-DEFAULTH the parameters and sort by "the 42 values", select burst in ReportCaster.
August 09, 2017, 10:32 PM
Doug
A word of CAUTION!!!

Be sure to use APP DELETEF in your third/last fex if you don't need this any longer.

I ask that you look up these APP Commands and get a complete understanding of them before you use them.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
August 10, 2017, 07:50 AM
v_ani
Doug, The problem is I am having dynamic subheading. When I burst I am getting only one pdf page not the 2nd one. Please see some of the code I tested.

-DEFAULT &PO_NAME='Advantage Health Physicians'
-DEFAULT &PO_NAME2='Bronson Medical Group'

TABLE FILE CLQ1
PRINT
REPORTMONTH NOPRINT
COMPUTE DT_EOM/MDYY=DATEMOV(DATA_THROUGH_MDYY, 'EOM'); NOPRINT
COMPUTE DT_EOM2/MDYY=DATEMOV(DATA_THROUGH_MDYY2, 'EOM'); NOPRINT
BY PO_NAME NOPRINT
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"Commercial PPO"
"CLQI and Program Optimization Quality Score Card"
" "
" "
"&PO_NAME"
" "
" "
"Release Date: "Claims Through Date: "HeBW Date: "Supplemental Through Date:
WHERE (PO_NAME EQ &PO_NAME.(|FORMAT=A200V).PO_NAME:.QUOTEDSTRING) OR (PO_NAME EQ &PO_NAME2.(|FORMAT=A200V).PO_NAME2:.QUOTEDSTRING);
END

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
August 10, 2017, 08:18 AM
MartinY
quote:

"&PO_NAME"" "" ""Release Date: "Claims Through Date: "HeBW Date: "Supplemental Through Date: WHERE (PO_NAME EQ &PO_NAME.(|FORMAT=A200V).PO_NAME:.QUOTEDSTRING) OR (PO_NAME EQ &PO_NAME2.(|FORMAT=A200V).PO_NAME2:.QUOTEDSTRING);

I don't know your requirement, but for me it doesn't make much sense to display &PO_NAME in the SUBHEAD when your report will display matching record either from &PO_NAME or &PO_NAME2.
Personally I will display the field PO_NAME since is going to be the selected data value and you are breaking based on that field (BY PO_NAME NOPRINT)
BY PO_NAME NOPRINT
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"Commercial PPO"
"CLQI and Program Optimization Quality Score Card"
" "
" "
"<PO_NAME"
" "
" "

Also, add the following to have page break (if I do understand well your need). It should fix your issue.
ON PO_NAME PAGE-BREAK

Sample code :
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
      MODEL
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT

WHERE (COUNTRY EQ '&CNTRY1.(FIND COUNTRY IN CAR).COUNTRY:.') OR (COUNTRY EQ '&CNTRY2.(FIND COUNTRY IN CAR).COUNTRY:.');

ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD
"Country: <COUNTRY"
""
ON COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END

Note : use the code tag when posting code or sample. Last icon on ribbon
</>

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
August 10, 2017, 01:14 PM
v_ani
Thank You Martiny ,I added this line ON PO_NAME PAGE-BREAK
and changed to ON PO_NAME SUBHEAD. It works and able to burst.

Also ,Thank you Doug, I included the default option you have suggested.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
August 10, 2017, 01:20 PM
MartinY
Our pleasure.

Edit your first post and add [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007