Focal Point
[SOLVED] 'Global' HOLD?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/801105332

September 08, 2009, 12:29 PM
LEnderby
[SOLVED] 'Global' HOLD?
Can someone point me in the right direction please I would like to save a HOLD file that can be called from seperate fex files.

Im trying to create an html page and it would be nice if I could run the SQL once and save the data in a global hold file rather than running it for every fex in my html wrapper code.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LEnderby,

WebFOCUS 7611
Windows XP Pro
September 08, 2009, 12:49 PM
GinnyJakes
You can do an APP HOLD to save it in a permanent directory. You will have to APP FI or FILEDEF it in the programs in which you want to use it or have a permanent master with a DATASET parameter in it with the directory either in the APP PATH of the program or in the global profile.

I have uppercased some keywords that you can use in a search vehicle.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
September 08, 2009, 01:08 PM
Francis Mariani
I suggest looking into "FOCCACHE"

WebFOCUS/iWay New Features > Server Enhancements > Core Server and Client Features > Foccache: Persistent Directory for Caching Files

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 09, 2009, 03:34 AM
<JG>
LEnderby's on 7.6.4, I think FOCCAHE only came in in 7.6.5

Following on from Ginny's suggestion if you create the hold file as FORMAT FOCUS then
there will be no need to add any filedefs to your code providing it is in the APP PATH.
September 09, 2009, 06:15 AM
LEnderby
Thanks for the replies, I'll have a look. I'm actually on 769 we upgraded last week.Smiler

WebFOCUS 7611
Windows XP Pro