Focal Point
Adobe Error: File is damaged and count not be repaired

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8041058331

April 25, 2005, 07:25 PM
SLU Will
Adobe Error: File is damaged and count not be repaired
I read this on an earlier post regarding Version 4.3.6, however I'm on version 5.2.3 and I was wondering if the fix is the same. An Adobe report returns the following error:

There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and count not be repaired.

It was noted that the NOSPLIT option could be causing the error and to go around that would be to use:

SET PRINTPLUS=ON Required setting if using NOSPLIT

I did not see anything in the HELP section of WebFOCUS regarding PRINTPLUS, so I was wondering what this is about? What is PRINTPLUS and what does it do to fix the NOSPLIT error? And, is it put at the beginning of a fex with a - or no -?

-SET PRINTPLUS=ON;

OR

SET PRINTPLUS=ON

Thanks for any help on this or if this won't fix the Adobe error, what will?

Thanks,

Will
April 25, 2005, 07:33 PM
Prarie
This error could mean several things...Go To Advanced Search and type in that Phrase...
you may find the answer. People just told examples of what it could be in the prior post.

Good Luck.
April 26, 2005, 03:47 PM
dwf
Will,

For what it's worth, the only time I've ever gotten this error, it was caused by unprintable characters embedded in the data. Seems like PDF has an allergy to unrecognizable codes.
April 26, 2005, 04:39 PM
nolanja
We also had this problem when using French characters. We had to update the NLS and ODIN config language settings.