Focal Point
[SOLVED] WF Maintain -- What's the easiest way for form to close (from Case code)?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8057040136

May 24, 2013, 01:51 PM
John_Edwards
[SOLVED] WF Maintain -- What's the easiest way for form to close (from Case code)?
I have a Maintain form that pops up, accepts data, then needs to disappear via a button entitled "Save and Close". A Save_Data case needs to occur with some fairly detailed logic in it, but when all is said and done (if all goes well) I want the window to vanish. With a Winform Close_All I'm getting the "EDA no data" message and the window remains. Can anyone give me a tip on how to blow away the window as well?

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

May 24, 2013, 02:29 PM
John_Edwards
Got it. I created a transparent object on the screen, threw focus to it via a Winform Set command at the end of the save, and set an onFocus trigger on the object. That let me get execution into JavaScript and from there I could close the window. Thanks for tuning in. setTimeout allowed me to present the "Save Complete" message for 1 second prior to closing.

J.