Focal Point
Problem saving the Excel format

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8061072562

January 09, 2008, 01:22 PM
Amanda Wang
Problem saving the Excel format
We noticed that for some reports in excel format (esp those that have a lot of data in them) - when viewed in IE, there is no option to save them as xls when you go to File->Save. A message comes up and says the web page may not be "correctly saved"... However for other reports in excel, when you go to File->Save in IE , it gives you the option to save as xls.

Is there a reason for this? Is there a limitation in webfocus when saving a report in excel format from the web browser?

Any help/advice/suggestion would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

WebFOCUS 7.1.1
Linux and Unix
Output: PDF, Excel, HTML and OLAP
January 09, 2008, 01:46 PM
Leah
quote:
A message comes up and says the web page may not be "correctly saved"... However for other reports in excel, when you go to File->Save in IE , it gives you the option to save as xls.

I've only seen this happen when running the report in the same window as parameters are passed, so no help there, but could be a clue.

Leah
January 10, 2008, 09:12 AM
FortuneCookie
Once you get to the point where IE consumes 100% CPU and takes over 10-15 minutes to open the report, i'd say all bets are off.

It's nice that the report displays, but I wouldn't expect everything to work properly.

I've generated a report with over 50K lines with drilldowns, even though the output generated by WebFOCUS is correct, Excel will only display the first 36K (took 15 minutes), OpenOffice displayed 1 extra row (took 45 minutes).

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.6, Windows 2003

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.2, Windows 2003
January 10, 2008, 09:37 AM
Leah
Have you tried it using office 2007? It apparently can handle much more data.

Leah