Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] dashboard examples?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] dashboard examples?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Are company is new to Web Focus, and I understand how to create a dashboard. However, it is very basic and I want to get a bit fancier with the graphics, toolbars etc. I would like to put some AJAX in there as well. Does anyone know of any good examples I can look at to give me a start in the right direction?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Version: 8.0.0.6
Windows platform
All output formats will probably be used.

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, there currently isn't any sample or customization using AJAX in the documentation. You can take a look at the WebFOCUS Managed Reporting Administrator's Manual Version 7 Release 6.1 and Higher - Starting on Chapter 6 which goes over Customizing Dashboard through our GUI tools. Hope this helps...

Guru
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see screen shots of dashboards people have customized. The list of templates to choose from is rather limited at best.

Maybe this could be a contest similar to the best tips & tricks contest. Best User Interface design...

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This was actually one of the first things we did with WebFOCUS. We wanted to provide a nice look and feel to the dashboard. So we hired a designer and redesigned the banner, tabs, icons, and created a nice welcome page that is the basis of each of our portals. We also use AJAX throughout our portals to try and beautify things. Let me know what it is you are looking for and I will try to pass on our experience.

WebFOCUS 8201M/Windows Platform

Master
posted Hide Post
I never used AJAX with webfocus?
How can we use it on html pages?
I just need some basic idea to start working on it though I dont have any requirement.

thanks..

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ajax with WebFOCUS is dead simple....

As long as you have had some experience with AJAX and WebFOCUS Wink

We use it in several places, usually when the desired interface design is more then WF can handle.

We start with an HTML Page, create an AJAX call loading in a WF Report that is PCHOLD'ing to XML. We then parse the XML and display as desired.

Hope that helps...

WebFOCUS 8201M/Windows Platform

Expert
posted Hide Post
you can search the ibi site for the power point presentations from th elast couple of Summit Conferences... loaded with dashboard examples, ajaxed up the gazzink! Your sales rep should be able to send you some .ppts as well.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Based on the several instances where I saw AJAX or JavaScript added to HTM pages in WebFOCUS, I suggest that you make sure that WebFOCUS does not have the functionality to do something that you think AJAX has before you start adding it to WebFOCUS HTML (Not that I think that's possible).

So, check out the HTML Layout Painter or Composer before you add other "stuff" - imho Wink

And, BTW, Check out http://www.thefamilee.net/DEL/ (hover over Chubb Insurance or click on the [DEMO] which is only a redacted multi-BMP graphics representation of the DB created for FDMS. Or, as Susannah sugessted...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
great suggestions everyone. Thank you so much

Version: 8.0.0.6
Windows platform
All output formats will probably be used.