Focal Point
report footing

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8081092962

February 01, 2008, 12:27 PM
L_G
report footing
Is there a way to remove the blank line between th e report content and the Page Footing?

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows 2000
Output: HTML, PDF
February 01, 2008, 12:44 PM
Leah
Not that I am aware.

Do you have access to on-line help where you are working. I am sure this is all related to create the report you are working to get converted? Have you tried searching it if you do. There is much useful information available.

Leah
February 01, 2008, 12:53 PM
L_G
Yes I have found such information but it is related to the HTML, PDF and so on outputs.
My output is in a text file...

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows 2000
February 01, 2008, 01:04 PM
Leah
quote:
My output is in a text file...

If you are retaining a report format in the text file, the rules still apply. So you must be saving it as format WP for footings to stay, is this true?

Leah
February 01, 2008, 02:49 PM
FrankDutch
L_G

What is the purpose of this text file?

Just printing or will it be used for something else?

I see several question according to the same report. I wonder what you want next.

The report will need page breaks after the page feet.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

February 03, 2008, 11:59 AM
L_G
The text file will be printed only.

I have found how to increase the blank line between the report content and the page footing but I still do not know how to eliminate them.....

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows 2000
February 03, 2008, 02:33 PM
Leah
I don't think you can eliminate the extra line. Have you considered the possibility of getting the report formatted the way you want into a PDF file that can be printed. When you say the text file is just going to be printed, what are you printing it with? Do you have some other utility that reads it in? Have you considered saving the file as format DOC to see what you have as how it looks. There are lots of options available to you. Even using HTML output with as
SET STYLEMODE = FIXED
might help.

Leah
February 05, 2008, 06:21 AM
GamP
Another, quite stupid, technique I sometimes used in the old (FOCUS) days:
TABLE the data and hold it with headers/footers and such as a WP file.
Then create a master file for this WP file, filedef it and table again, only now without header or footer and select only those lines that are not empty.
Hold the result as a standard alpha format. This file can now be printed and will not contain any blank lines any more.

Hope this helps...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988