Focal Point
[SOLVED] InfoAssist Freeze / Unfreeze (Table?)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8087097096

September 24, 2018, 12:31 PM
Doug
[SOLVED] InfoAssist Freeze / Unfreeze (Table?)
Is there an issue with Unfreezing a report after freezing it in InfoAssist+?

Case in point: I created a report in IA+ and, accidentally, clicked the 'Freeze' button. Now, I can't unfreeze it using the 'Freeze' button. Shouldn't the 'Freeze' button be a toggle (HFREEZE=ON/OFF), similar to the 'Accordion' button (ON TABLE SET EXPANDBYROW ON/OFF)?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
September 24, 2018, 12:40 PM
BabakNYC
Click the Table button to unfreeze.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
September 24, 2018, 12:44 PM
Doug
Thanks a Gig, or two, BabakNYC...
Just know the buttons. I think, imho, it show be a toggle... But, that may be just me. Anyone else think like that?
September 24, 2018, 01:21 PM
MartinY
quote:
Just know the buttons. I think, imho, it show be a toggle... But, that may be just me. Anyone else think like that?

Took me a while to figure it out the way that freeze/unfreeze works.
And even if I know it, it would probably search and search if I have to do it again... not intuitive button imho.

BTW, it's the same in AS.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
September 24, 2018, 01:29 PM
Doug
Quote:
not intuitive button imho.... BTW, it's the same in AS.[/QUOTE] Big Grin Wink
I guess I just never needed to thaw it out before...

September 24, 2018, 01:31 PM
BabakNYC
Fellas:
The reason for the way these buttons are set up is that they are mutually exclusive of each other. You either have a straight table, TOC, FREEZE or on Demand. Each button turns the other 3 off.

September 24, 2018, 01:32 PM
Doug
quote:
they are mutually exclusive of each other.
I need to ponder that for a while, as to why that is... Can't you 'freeze' a 'table'?
September 24, 2018, 01:35 PM
BabakNYC
So basically, each button other than Table adds a piece of FOCUS syntax to the report. Table is the most generic and doesn't change display behavior at all. The other 3 add lines to the request that cause the code to do something very specific like a table of contents or freeze or on demand. It seems these 3 don't play well if they're all present in the code.

September 24, 2018, 01:39 PM
Doug
Thanks for the explanation.
Quote: It seems these 3 don't play well if they're all present in the code.

September 24, 2018, 02:06 PM
Doug
Is 'BORDER' mutually exclusive to 'Accordion'?
September 24, 2018, 02:14 PM
BabakNYC
I'm not quite sure. Border is in the Style part of the request. But I rarely use Accordion so I can't tell you how that works.

September 24, 2018, 02:48 PM
Doug
I know this is a tangent from the original post... But...
OK, I can live without borders in the accordion report. But, where do I selectively add borders in a regular report?
September 24, 2018, 03:05 PM
BabakNYC
If you're talking InfoAssist, it doesn't give you Border as an option under format the way Application Studio does. I usually give the users a style sheet that has the borders and they can apply that sty to the report that should have borders.

September 24, 2018, 06:15 PM
Doug
Thanks, That's my next step...