Focal Point
[SOLVED]Problems refreshing Business Intelligence Portals

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8097084586

February 09, 2017, 11:40 AM
Web Guy
[SOLVED]Problems refreshing Business Intelligence Portals
I'm having problems refreshing Business Intelligence Portals (BIPs).

Here's what I'm doing...

- Create a BIP using the browser based designer
- Save changes
- Launch the BIP
- Go back and edit the BIP in the designer
- Save Changes
- Relaunch the BIP

I noticed my changes are not reflected when I relaunch it. I've tried clicking refresh on the BIP list, clearing my browser cache, clearing the cache using the WebFocus Administration tool, but nothing works. What I'm I missing? Is there another way to force a refresh?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Web Guy,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
February 09, 2017, 12:08 PM
WF1326
Try this

- Right click on your Portal
- Click 'Remove Customization'

WebFOCUS
7703/7705/8105m/8201m/8202m

February 09, 2017, 12:45 PM
Francis Mariani
Also, never choose to edit the portal from the portal itself. If you're in Portal 1, then navigate to the Portals link, then right-click on Portal 1 and choose Edit - you will most likely trigger this situation.

I just don't understand why 'Customization' is available, and the only solution to a problem is to 'Remove Customization'.

Unfortunately, our "Remove Customization' option is not available.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
February 09, 2017, 03:40 PM
Waz
quote:
never choose to edit the portal from the portal itself

Yes, discovered this the hard way.

I was like the guy at the lift pressing the up button constantly, and no lift arrived.

Quite silly really.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 09, 2017, 05:54 PM
Web Guy
quote:
Originally posted by WF1326:
Try this

- Right click on your Portal
- Click 'Remove Customization'

Right clicking on the BIP and then selecting "Remove Customization" seems to work. Thank you. The verbiage "Remove Customization" sounds counter intuitive to me. I would think clicking "Refresh" would refresh the changes, but hey...it works so I won't complain. Thanks again.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs