Focal Point
Styling Excel reports

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8131026602

January 11, 2007, 12:36 PM
Francis Mariani
Styling Excel reports
Can someone tell me how to add a border to a cell in an Excel report?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 12, 2007, 02:32 PM
David Hall
I know you are using WebFOCUS 5.3, but in 7.1 the Template feature allows you to write out to a template file. The template file can have formats prestored so your data can have a lot of additional formatting features.

You also could try the following in your version to see if it would work

TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
SUM CURR_SAL
BY LAST_NAME
FOOTING
"TOTAL<TOT.CURR_SAL "
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=FOOTING,BORDER-TOP=MEDIUM,BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT,
BORDER-LEFT=OFF,BORDER-RIGHT=OFF,BORDER-TOP-STYLE=DOUBLE,$
TYPE=FOOTING,LINE=1,OBJECT=TEXT,ITEM=1,$
TYPE=FOOTING,LINE=1,OBJECT=TEXT,ITEM=2,$
TYPE=FOOTING,LINE=1,OBJECT=FIELD,ITEM=1,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Also, Some of the Formatting features that are in HTML may be available in Excel soon, when release 7.6.1 is out

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Hall,
January 15, 2007, 04:23 AM
Tony A
David,

Edit your post (the icon on your post between the QUOTE and REPORT icons on the bottom line) and surround your code with [ code] and [ /code] (without the space) so that your code will display.

Please don't repeat your post (!) as a lot of folks do, just edit the existing one.

Thanks

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
January 15, 2007, 01:52 PM
Francis Mariani
Tom, thank you for your response. I was aware of the method described in the IBI example. Unfortunately this does not work for Compound Excel reports.

The unfortunate thing about IBI solutions is that, quite often, they will only work in a very narrow set of conditions - add one more and the solution stops working.

The other complaint I have is why, if Excel 2000 format is really an HTML file, can't we use CSS styling?

But Tom, I do appreciate your assistance.

Cheers,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 16, 2007, 09:48 AM
susannah
fyi, formatting survives (can be set to survive) when Exporting to Excel from html in a windows environment. (see FOD article on same), and that preservation can be bi-directional...either receive the html formatting, or set the formatting in the recipient excel sheet and it will(mostly) survive the refreshes. No use to you, i know, unless you can escape servlet.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID