Focal Point
Expiring MRE User Passwords...

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8141035342

August 24, 2007, 10:37 AM
.eric
Expiring MRE User Passwords...
I searched a little on this and it looks like IBI does not have anything built into to force MRE users to change their passwords every 30 days or so...

I was wondering if anyone has accomplished this within MRE/Dashboard and if they can point me in the right direction to help me out with this.

Eric

dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat
August 27, 2007, 12:37 PM
Darin Lee
This isn't going to answer your question, but we haven't worried about changing the MRE passwords because we use server security tied in with LDAP. That requires their network password to be changed every 45 days and it seemed to be overkill to have to change both their MRE and network ID's.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
August 28, 2007, 10:02 AM
Kerry
Hi Eric,

Here is what I heard from internal people:

Automatic expiring of user passwords is still an outstanding NFR that is under consideration for a future release of WebFOCUS.
Other options you may want to consider are to use an MR authentication plug-in to look outside MR for ID/passwords or use a signon integration technique. For more details, please check out our WebFOCUS Security and Administration 7.1.3 manual.

Hope this helps and many thanks to Darin's input as well. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
August 28, 2007, 12:15 PM
.eric
Thanks for the input guys.

Eric

dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat