Focal Point
BID fires off extra agent after 3 minutes

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8141067992

September 18, 2008, 11:04 AM
EWoerle
BID fires off extra agent after 3 minutes
Has anyone noticed any strange behavior differences between running reports from the MRE as opposed to the BID? We are in the process of moving all of our adhoc users from an MRE environment to running everything from BID's (Standard Reports, Report Assistant, Launch Pages etc.). I have come across a strange occurence when running a standard report and then using the Drill Downs. I have found that when I run the Drill Downs on this report that a second agent will fire off exactly three minutes after my first agent fired off. I then receive back a communication error after a few more minutes. I have seen this at other times as well when I have been running reports using the report assistant through the BID. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this when using the BID?

Eric Woerle
WF 7.6.7 Reportting Server
ETL 7.6.10
Dev Studio 7.6.7
September 19, 2008, 03:36 PM
dhagen
I have never seen the behavior you are describing. You should open a case with the help desk.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott