Focal Point
[CLOSED] regarding tech support

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8147026716

March 09, 2012, 12:23 AM
kumud.vaish
[CLOSED] regarding tech support
Hi All,
I want to access tech support. I have following queries regarding the same:
-From where can i get site code, if I jus need the webfocus software for R&D at home(u can say for study purpose only)
-I just need trial version for the same w/o any charge

-Regards
-Kumud Vaish

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

version-773
platform-windows
All Outputs
March 09, 2012, 02:47 AM
GamP
I think you'd need to contact the nearest IB office or agent for a request like that. Addresses and phone numbers can be found on IB's wensite.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
March 09, 2012, 05:05 AM
George Patton
Good luck with that Kumud !! Many years ago I did secure permission from IBI to teach a FOCUS course at the University of Toronto, provided I used my own (purchased) version of PC/FOCUS. They charged full price for all the user manuals for the students.

If you are just learning FOCUS you could start with a much earlier version - apart from the pretty HTML stuff the basics have remained the same. You could try hunting round on the internet to see if someone has an old version they would be willing to give away.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP
March 09, 2012, 05:56 AM
kumud.vaish
Hi George... I really appreciate your suggestion but I already have searched for it on Internet, and found nothing rather than 2-3 torrents that lead with nothing much useful. Frowner

I will be thankful to you if you can provide me any help regarding this.

-Regards
-Kumud Vaish

version-773
platform-windows
All Outputs
March 09, 2012, 10:56 AM
Kerry
Thanks for everyone's input.

Kumud, I think you are given all info you will need, and for additional assistance, you may want to contact your local office/branch for specific needs. Please check our website for contact info of the local office/branch.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
March 09, 2012, 11:34 AM
TexasStingray
If you read the EULA I believe that it states that the software cannot be Transfered.

Scott

It's really too bad that Information Builders does not have some kind of "light" version of WebFOCUS for independent developers. I don't have too many nice things to say about Microsoft, but they have free versions of a lot of their development software. I have a very adequate dbms running on my PC, SQL Server Express.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
You are probably right about that Tex. On the other hand, if someone has an old, no-longer supported, product like PC/FOCUS I don't know why IBI would care - in fact if it gets one more person familiar and using their product at no cost they should be delighted. No doubt Kumud will have to get a fully-licenced version at some point - or go to work for a company that has such a licence, which is a more likely scenario.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP