Focal Point
[CLOSED] Calculating Percentile

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8157016336

September 19, 2013, 01:37 PM
ddornan
[CLOSED] Calculating Percentile
I'm looking for ideas on how best to provide INfoAssist users with the ability to create percentile calculations.

I see that Webfocus has a NORMDIST function that works well if your data is normally distributed. This unfortunately, is not our case. A lot of our data is skewed right. I would like to provide access to a function like SQL Server's PERCENTILE_DIST

PERCENTILE_DISC ( numeric_literal ) WITHIN GROUP ( ORDER BY order_by_expression [ ASC | DESC ] )
OVER ( [ ] )

Has anyone done this? Can an external function be called from INfoAssist? What have other people done?

THanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Webfocus 8.0
HTML
October 07, 2013, 08:47 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi ddornan,

InfoAssist and RSTAT don't provide this sort of calculation out of the box. We don't currently have anything similar to PERCENTILE_DISC in the product or as a New Feature Request.

That being said, you can code this sort of calculation. The following document provides a good place to start:

Producing Statistics in TABLE

Regards,

Kathryn
October 08, 2013, 05:31 AM
Twanette
Hi there,
Not a function - but could you perhaps use:

BY [ {HIGHEST|LOWEST} [k] ] tilefield [AS 'head1'] IN-GROUPS-OF n TILES [TOP m] [AS 'head2']

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server