Focal Point
[SOLVED] Developer Studio being phased out

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8157072076

April 21, 2014, 03:00 PM
dclq63
[SOLVED] Developer Studio being phased out
My supervisor believes that IB is planning to get rid of Dev Studio, but I can't find any information on that. Does anyone know if that is true? If so, what will they expect people to make reports with ? InfoAssist ?

Many Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,
April 21, 2014, 03:07 PM
Francis Mariani
In WebFOCUS 8, Developer Studio will be replaced by App Studio (PDF), but Developer Studio will be around for a while.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
April 21, 2014, 03:51 PM
John_Edwards
What the heck does the PDF after App Studio mean Francis?

April 21, 2014, 04:17 PM
Francis Mariani
Sorry! the link leads to a PDF document. I can't find a link to an HTML page that describes App Studio.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
April 22, 2014, 11:17 PM
Kathleen Butler
Hi - I believe this is the information you are looking for App Studio

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks
Kathleen Butler
April 23, 2014, 11:56 AM
Francis Mariani
It would be nice if this link appeared when you do a Technical Document Search.

Search for App Studio

Francis

April 24, 2014, 10:28 AM
dclq63
Thank you all so much! App Studio seems to be very promising!
May 02, 2014, 04:38 PM
hainguyen
Just got this news, so surprise to me. So what will happen to all reports were created by Developer Studio before?

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs
May 05, 2014, 09:53 AM
Prarie
They will still work or there would be a mutiny. Wink
May 05, 2014, 09:57 AM
<Emily Duensing>
It is not like one day Developer Studio is just going to disappear. So, no worries. All the procedures you have built in Developer Studio, as long as they open in the tool, will/should open in App Studio should you choose to make the move to that product. While Developer Studio will be around for awhile, it will not get new features or improvements. All of that effort will be directed to App Studio. At some point Developer Studio will then be sunsetted as a supported product, but think out about 18 months to 2 years I would think. Try out App Studio if you can... it is a great new way to develop your applications!
May 05, 2014, 11:34 AM
hainguyen
Thanks. Good for me to know that.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs