Focal Point
Access Denied in DOS DIR command

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8201033352

October 23, 2007, 05:09 AM
Al_Kal
Access Denied in DOS DIR command
Hi

I have 2 servers, \\BUSINESS1\WFS which is my Web Focus Server and \\BUSINESS2\DMS which is my Data Migrator Server
From a stored procedure in DMS i give the command DOS DIR \\BUSINESS1\WFS\*.* and I get an "access denied" response. The same command from the CMD prompt works fine and also from the Explorer so I dont think (?) its a security problem.
Any Suggestions ???????

Thanks
Alkis

WebFOCUS 7.6.1, Dev Studio, Data Migrator, Windows, SQL server
October 23, 2007, 08:52 AM
Fernando
Alkis,

It may still be a security issue. I have found that WebFOCUS can run commands under the id it was installed with. When you run it from a comand prompt you are running it with your id. Lin with the id that WebFOCUS was installed with and then try your command.

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03
October 24, 2007, 09:00 PM
FortuneCookie
check under services which ID it's using.

If security is on the agent may impersonate the user, that user will then have to have access to as well.
October 25, 2007, 04:38 AM
Majid Jeddi
Hi,

When we install the webfocus server on a windows server, we usually intall it with a user who has administrative rights on the server.
1/ I would check if the user used by the webfocus service has administrative rights.
2/ I would share that directory and give access to it to the user used to run the webfocus service.

note: is the user used to run the webfocus service the same as the one you used when the command runs succefully?

from me it remains a security issue.

Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server
October 25, 2007, 06:06 AM
Al_Kal
Problem Solved...

I changed the security from IWA to explicit and provided the user name and password used to login to the server.

Thanks everybody
Alkis

WebFOCUS 7.6.1, Dev Studio, Data Migrator, Windows, SQL server