Focal Point
[CLOSED] B.I. Dashboard, back button and web browser history

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8207009626

December 06, 2012, 11:05 AM
Francis Mariani
[CLOSED] B.I. Dashboard, back button and web browser history
I've searched FocalPoint for information on web browser back button behaviour in B.I. Dashboard but haven't found an answer.

As we all know, the back button does not do what the user expects it to do - navigate to the previous web page. This is because the browser history has several links related to B.I. Dashboard - the user will have to click the back button several times before navigating out of B.I. Dashboard.

Is there a solution to this? May I assume that each entry in the browser history is one WebFOCUS call on the B.I. Dashboard page? Could we embed a JavaScript function in the fex/html file of each call to delete the current history entry - thus keeping the browser history empty of WebFOCUS calls?

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 06, 2012, 12:49 PM
Danny-SRL
We use a "Back" button in our forms.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

December 07, 2012, 02:18 PM
Francis Mariani
Closed. No resolution.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server