Focal Point
Linking directly to an IBI MRE HTML Page (by-passing IBI dashboards & MRE sign-in)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8211007642

September 13, 2007, 02:53 PM
Deborah Sullivan
Linking directly to an IBI MRE HTML Page (by-passing IBI dashboards & MRE sign-in)
I am trying to find a way to directly link an IBI MRE html page without having to go through a MRE dashboard or through the MRE sign in. I know that this is possible, but I'm having some trouble with it. Theoretically, I would expect the network id to be picked up for authentication, but it doesn't seem to happen (I am brought to the Managed Reporting sign in page instead). I understand that this may be something that is unique to our configuration and/or security set-up, but am posting the question here in case I'm missing something.

Here is what my url currently looks like:

http://theexamplemachine.ourdomain.com:11000/ibi_apps/W...xbddm%2Ffitxbddm.htm

Would it be expected that I would need to include some other value to be passed? Either through the URL or as a hidden value from the originating web page? Hopefully someone will have some insight!

Thank you.

-Debbie / NH
September 13, 2007, 02:55 PM
Deborah Sullivan
Yikes, the sample url got truncated, this is how it looks like after "http://" :

theexamplemachine.ourdomain.com:11000/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=MR_RUN_FEX&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_STD_REPORT&IBIMR_fex=app%2Fitbcb006.htm&IBIMR_folder=%23newfoldermwi&IBIMR_domain=fitxbddm%2Ffitxbddm.htm
September 13, 2007, 03:08 PM
Francis Mariani
Deborah, it didn't get truncated, what is displayed got truncated, but if you copy the link location and paste it in a text editor it's all there.

You have to specify the MRE login and password.

This FocalPoint posting helped me make it work:

triggering report fex from a java pgm in a online java application

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 18, 2007, 01:56 PM
Deborah Sullivan
Thanks so much for this technique, I've actually gotten it working!

I do have another question however. This method has me referencing an html page in an approot directory, is there any way to link to a page that is sitting in an MRE folder?

So, instead of mapping it as: "/approot/folder/webpage.htm"

it would be something like: "/mre reference/standard reports reference/folder/webpage.htm"

I'm just wondering if it is doable that way too (and if so, how?)
September 18, 2007, 02:10 PM
Francis Mariani
The whole objective is to reference an MRE report that is controlled by MRE security so I don't think you could reference an HTML page in MRE instead.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 18, 2007, 02:44 PM
Deborah Sullivan
yikes! okay, thanks.
January 07, 2009, 11:27 AM
bcowley
I just had a user who wanted to run an HTML Launch page from within an MRE domain from a VB app. I just created a fex that was a -HTMLFORM of the launch page in mre and then built the url to run the fex. Works fine that way.

OP system: WIN2K
January 21, 2009, 03:57 AM
WF_IL
Hi

Depending on your webfocus configuration/platform you could consider deploying webfocus with Single Sign On , 3 scenarios I have encountered:

1. Use IWA (Integrated windows Authentication) so when the user logs into his workstation, his credentials are passed to WF client+server, there is also a documented technique and out of the box special MR sign-on pages. Its documented in the security manual

2. In SAP environments - you have SSO with SAP Portal (WF76X)

3. Have you tried to pick up the WF_REMOTE_USER which should contain the user's id, in your site.wfs you can assign this user id as fixed MR user

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

http://www.srl.co.il