Focal Point
[CLOSED] EXCEL07

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8247068626

December 05, 2012, 09:55 AM
huntingfootballfan
[CLOSED] EXCEL07
I am running a large report and sending to EXCEL07. I receive information that says an unknown error has occured. I can reduce some of the rather large fields or number of records sent to EXCEL07 and the report runs. My question is, is there a formula I can use in webfocus that lets me know the report is too big so I can notify user or force report to HTML instead?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
December 12, 2012, 03:57 PM
Kerry
Hi huntingfootballfan,

From our technicals: NO, there is no formula to use.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
December 12, 2012, 04:44 PM
RSquared
You can try creating several worksheets within the report

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit
December 13, 2012, 09:44 AM
Greg G
you max want to check the MAXPOSTSIZE for tomcat apache - the default is 2 meg. It can be disable by setting the value to 0
December 13, 2012, 01:19 PM
Kerry
Hi all,

Here is some additional information from our product manager:

By default Tomcat is setup to handle limited file sizes that are often surpassed with the Excel workbooks our reports generate. This can be easily remediated by setting the maximum post size to unlimited within the application server configuration files. This is the default in the WebFOCUS 8000+ client and can be easily modified for any earlier releases as documented in the WebFOCUS Installation Guide.

Below is the relevant documentation entry:

Setting Tomcat HTTP POST Maximum Size
As a default, Apache Tomcat sets the maximum size limit to 2097152 (2MB) limit for
accepting HTTP POST requests. Since EXL07 MIME files can easily reach this limit,
ExcelServlet will fail with a HTTP 400 error or produce a corrupted .XLSX file. To fix this
problem, Tomcat needs to be configured by setting an attribute in the server.xml file.
In the /tomcat_home/conf/server.xml file, add the maxPostSize attribute and set it to 0 to
disable the limit check. For example, in the
<Connector port> element block:
<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
connectionTimeout="20000"
redirectPort="8443"maxPostSize="0" />

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.