Focal Point
[CLOSED] Drop Control on a CSS

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8257048326

September 05, 2012, 02:47 PM
GMANnDC
[CLOSED] Drop Control on a CSS
I am new to WebFocus. I am trying to create a CSS in Composer with 3 tabs, each tab having 3 graphs and 3 reports. I want to use one dropdown on the main page that will pass a parameter as input to each report and graph on the tab selected to create dynamic reports. I may have missed it but is there a chapter in the documentation that covers this and if so what reference manual? Or can someone share an example where they have done the same?
Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7/Windows Server 2008
September 06, 2012, 07:24 AM
David Glick
You need to specify a WHERE clause with the parameter in each report and chart procedure. You should use the same parameter name in each. Then when you create the Composer page, import or reference each report and chart. When you do the first one, you will get the "New Parameters" dialog for the one parameter and you can select dropdown as the control. For the subsequent report and chart procedures, you will not get the "New Parameters" dialog since the parameter will already have a control. You will need to add additional hyperlink actions on the submit button though for each additional report and chart added.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com