Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     MRE and Graph and Java quandry

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MRE and Graph and Java quandry
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Prod: WF 4.3.6
Test: WF 5.3.2

In I.E. - If we have Sun Java activated, we cannot access MRE 4.3.6.

In I.E. - If we have Sun Java deactivated, graphs don't work if the Graph Engine is set to new.

Can we have access to MRE 4.3.6 with Sun Java?

OR

Can we have graphs in 5.3.2 with Microsoft VM?

Thanks.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
4.3.6 only works with microsoft VM. If your Java is above the level 1.2.4_08 you will have issues with 5 and beyond. Also after a nice conversation with IB, it is a combination of what is on the server for Java as well as your desk top. I keep Microsoft VM active in IE and ignore the automatic updates from Sun. No problems that way.

Ah the wonderful world of compatibility.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Leah, thanks for the info.

Do you think it's possible to set the Graph Engine to New in 5.3.2 and keep using MS VM? We're getting the error, "New Graphics Engine cannot be run in the current browser. Either update your Java Plug-in or change your GRAPHENGINE setting."

Is there something we can do server-side to correct this? I'm guessing we must either stick with the old graph engine, or upgrade every I.E. installation with Sun Java.

Thanks.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

As to the graph engine, I'm not sure, our production is 5.3.4 and I use the M VM, I'd have to check to see what the settings for graphengine are though. I know something had to be set on our LINUX 7.1 box set up so graphs could run, but don't know what.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
we found more icky issues with sun jvm..
in 53+, we can't see all of the screen in mre domain builder with sun jvm.
thing is, microsoft jvm isn't available from microsoft anymore.
and with enterprises having more than 1 BI tool, sun jvm is becoming a requirement.
so ibi has got to solve this one.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Susannah, Thanks for your comments. I don't seem to be having the problem you mention regarding MRE.

As for graphs, do you know anything about the Server Side Graphics Headless Java Option?

Thanks.

Francis.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
pf, it depends on how long your domain lists are. i slap everything into 1 domain, so the list is quite long, and i can't see it all with sun. The font is too big.
Headless Java... ouch, i'm getting an image...
I have no clue what that means. Tell me more?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Here's a screenshot of the Admin Console. I will have to read the Help on this. It appears the Headless horseman is for UNIX and MVS only.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
francis...can you find the screen shot?
we've got a headless issue now,and i'm researching.

Expert
posted Hide Post
done.

Francis

<JG>
posted
Main thing to bear in mind using headless graphics is gif is not supported (not checked but possibly no SVG either)

principle use is on UNIX systems when no xserver is available.

Report This Post