Focal Point
[CLOSED] How to tell the last time a program was used

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/828103801

May 08, 2009, 03:45 PM
webmeister
[CLOSED] How to tell the last time a program was used
I'm running Mainframe FOCUS Rel 7.1.1 and am wondering if there is any way to terll the last time a FOCUS program was executed? We are trying to determine if there are programs that haven't been used in say six months or a year. I know you can put a date/time stamp onto a report, but we're looking more for some kind of log on our mainframe to tell us when a program was last used.

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Mainframe FOCUS 7.0
VM/CMS and MVS/TSO
May 08, 2009, 04:18 PM
GinnyJakes
Resource Analyzer is a product that you can purchase from IBI.

There are also some recents posts concerning similar requirements.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
May 09, 2009, 07:56 AM
<JG>
Whether you use report analyzer or a logging mechanism you are going to have to wait to build the statistics.
May 11, 2009, 09:41 AM
webmeister
Hi, Ginny and thanks for your post. Not being sure of what I could search on, would you mind providing links to some of those recent posts?

Mainframe FOCUS 7.0
VM/CMS and MVS/TSO
May 11, 2009, 09:45 AM
PBrightwell
If this is mainframe FOCUS there maybe something in your system logs. I would start by asking my systems admin. If all you are wanting is the frequency of use, you can create a INCLUDE module that updates a flat file (or FOCUS DB). It is a pain to put it in all of the programs.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
May 11, 2009, 10:10 AM
TexasStingray
There is also an add-on called FOCLOG.

Scott