Focal Point
[CLOSED] create xml with jpg image as base64encoded string

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8287001806

August 08, 2011, 04:39 PM
Robin
[CLOSED] create xml with jpg image as base64encoded string
Hello,
We're exploring options on how to best support a new interface for one of our customers. We need to create xml data dumps which will include a jpg image as a base64encoded string. The project will include an initial dump of data (upwards of 240,000 xml records) and then a daily file to continue submitting these records as they accumulate.

WebFOCUS is our primary in house tool, and I'm trying to determine whether it will be sufficient tool for this project. Ideally, we'd like to be able to use WebFOCUS and ReportCaster, but I'd like feedback from experts out there on whether it's an efficient tool for this project.

A little more detail, the initial data dump will require us to pull the jpg images in from a fileserver location, but once we've completed the base load, the daily images being transmitted are available both in their native jpg format or as BLOB data elements within Oracle.

Should we even explore using WebFOCUS and ReportCaster for this task or look at our other options? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.7.03
Win 2003 & AIX
PDF, html, Excel, xml
August 08, 2011, 06:04 PM
Waz
As a strictly data point of view, you shouldn't have an issue

I think the only problem you will have is the jpg.

I'm not aware of a function that will base64 encode the image. You may have to look to an external tool.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!