Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [RESOLVED] Moving Rcaster sched tasks from one user to another, chg exec ID and pw

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[RESOLVED] Moving Rcaster sched tasks from one user to another, chg exec ID and pw
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

We have a user who is retiring and I have voluntered to move their ReportCaster scheduled tasks to another user ID. I realize that I can do this by using RC Console, tools and then entering the old and new owner values and clicking on the update icon.

My question has to do with the execution ID. Should I ask the user who is going to be taking over the report tasks to change the execution ID and enter their own execution ID and password, rather than leaving the tasks as they are (with the retiring user’s execution ID and password)?

I realize that the answer is probably yes, have the user who will be taking over the schedule ID report tasks change the execution IDs and passwords to their own ID and password. However, there are two dozen schedule IDs and about one hundred report tasks that I will be moving to the new user and it would likely take the user a few hours to change all of these execution IDs and passwords.

I’d like to recommend that the user change all the execution IDs and passwords, but am wondering if this is necessary and if I could give the user a few months to make these changes before I delete the retiring user ID from MRE. I duplicated this process in a test environment, and used the RC Console to move a schedule ID from a retired user to my ID and then ran their schedule ID successfully (after changing the distribution to my email address) using the execution ID and password of the retired user.

Our ReportCaster security settings for run ID = user, shared = no and trusted = 0. Our ReportCaster user administration says that ReportCaster configured with managed reporting, use managed reporting user admin tool to add, delete, or update user/group info.

I have read some of the online help regarding ReportCaster Console and Execution IDs, but am still a little bit confused and would like to understand this process better and provide helpful service to my customer. Any insights or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chandy,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10, Windows, PDF

Master
posted Hide Post
1. Yes, update the IDs from the departing user to the new owner. As you said, do this *before* the user retires and ideally make this a departing task of his.

1a. Why are you not using service/blanket IDs to run these jobs. Ours (IBIADM) is not slated to retire anytime soon. ;-)

2. The execute ID has to do with what system resources the user can access. There is a chance that the retiree could have had access to something that the new user does not have access to. Sometimes you will also see branching logic within the FOCEXEC via the FOCFOCEXEC or IBIMR_user variables do something differently depending on who runs the program.

I personally would not wait until the last minute (or God forbid after he walks out the door) to address this. I'd transition all the jobs and have a full assessment completed before Joe gets his gold watch.

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases: