Focal Point
[SOLVED]Infoassist and Infomini - sharing a report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8327003586

January 23, 2017, 09:51 AM
Mike in DeLand
[SOLVED]Infoassist and Infomini - sharing a report
I have some reports I created with InfoAssist, and then saved them as InfoMini apps. I have 2 classes of users - basic and advanced. My advanced users can run the InfoMini apps and save and share them with the basic users. So far, so good. However, I want my basic users to just be able to run the InfoMini apps that have been shared with them. But, right now as a basic user I can change the criteria and save the report with a different name. What I really want is a run-only ability for the basic users. I tried setting the role to "run only user" and also the folder access to "list and run", but no matter what I do, the basic user can save the report. When I created the report as an advanced user, I saw on the properties screen that there's a check box for "only allow user to run", but that's grayed out. Does anyone have any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
January 27, 2017, 03:23 PM
Tamra
When user creates an Infomini report, they have an option to uncheck the Save option:

When they uncheck the Save option, running this InfoMini report will not show the save icon:

The users then will not be able to save the infomini.

Let me know if that answer's your question.

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,

Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5