Focal Point
[CLOSED]Why I can't see all apps in MRE when using I.A. ?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8357079226

August 07, 2012, 04:07 PM
Marikaki
[CLOSED]Why I can't see all apps in MRE when using I.A. ?
Maybe because I am to close to my vacation peiods that I can't get all the apps I did in MRE when building a document with Info Assist. In Insert menu I click Existing Report and the window is giving me only 2 fex but I have a dozen eggs euh...euh... a dozen fex in the stdRpt/Sales/... Why?

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marikaki,

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

August 07, 2012, 04:20 PM
Waz
My first guess is thast its looking at the reporting server and not MRE

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

August 07, 2012, 05:04 PM
Marikaki
I think you're right but I will have to look deeper tomorrow because the 1st time I have added the sales app(EDA) and I thought that was causing the problem. I started over and I had the only 2 fex...

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

August 08, 2012, 10:55 AM
Marikaki
Any good ideas to identify the problem?

I repeat: When Info Assist opens I selected the master table, then I select Build a document. Then, in the insert menu, I click Existing report. I'm using sales apps and in this folder there 12 apps but the windows shows me only 2 of them. It couldn't be a folder from reporting server because the 2 fex don't exists in it.

Thanks.

Marikaki

August 08, 2012, 11:17 AM
Tom Flynn
Right-Click the MRE reports, select Properties, and, select "Show on User's List"...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
August 08, 2012, 11:45 AM
Marikaki
Thank you Tom.

Only 3 of them were checked as "do not show on user's list". I unselected them. I get back to IA and it was worse than the last shot because there is only 1 fex now in the list...

I am afraid that it might be something ridiculous...

Marikaki

August 08, 2012, 12:56 PM
Tom Flynn
Go to DevStudio --> Managed Reporting --> User Management --> Your Folder --> User Reports --> The Folder your Fex's are in --> Custom Reports.

Right-Click the Fex(s), Select Properties and Click on "Share Report"...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
August 08, 2012, 02:50 PM
Marikaki
Tom, there is no one fex of mine in the user's reports/custom reports.

Does Info Assist show fex built by Info Assist only?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Marikaki

August 08, 2012, 03:14 PM
Tom Flynn
Marikaki,

You only see "other" reports when they are shared by the owner:
InfoAssist Example

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
August 08, 2012, 04:04 PM
Marikaki
Maybe I didn't express the problem correctly.

The actual I_A report document I am trying to create will include some MRE Standard Reports already created from the Sales folder. I don't beleive that those reports will appear in the user's reports/my folder/Custom reports. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If so, maybe all reports should be created by I_A?

[IMG]F:\BI\focal point I_A.1 MRE Std Rpts.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]F:\BI\Focal Point I_A User's reports.PNG[/IMG]

Marikaki

August 09, 2012, 09:13 AM
Marikaki
Last night I opened a case at IBI tech support.
Alan Mark told me "This is a current limitation in InfoAssist and has been updated for WebFOCUS 8".

Then I will close this post.
Thank you for all your help.

Marikaki