Focal Point
Placement of Winform in Dev Studio Application

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8401086931

November 30, 2005, 09:45 AM
Leah
Placement of Winform in Dev Studio Application
I am just getting into using the Developer Sudio Product against a 7.x version of WebFOCUS. I want to create a 'password' field for the application, password in the sense that it is protected from 'view' with the '*' fill. When I search the documents it references using the WinFORM command, however no example of where to place it and if it has to be accomplished within the Dev Studion application or not. If I edit the HTML generated and add type=password, I end up with dev studio wanting me to 'define new fields'. My Web skills are 'weak'. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leah
November 30, 2005, 10:04 AM
Tony A
Leah,

It sounds to me like this should be a new feature request - additional textbox type of "password" - to allow inclusion of HTML password input types.

As you say, you have to create the textbox and then edit the HTML created to add "type=password" in the code.

I usually hand code all my HTML (sad boy - yes I know) but I find accessing the resource layout tool a right proverbial pain and, when I have to use it, I will often create a calling fex (which I never use except for launching the resource painter) to fool WF into showing the parameter tool -

-* File pass_type.fex
-SET &Password = 'something';

-GOTO HTMLFORM;
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&Password.EVAL';
END
-HTMLFORM pass_type

Note the skip of any code to go straight to the resource painter app. It doesn't matter what file you code for or even the content, just use your variable and WF will use it in the resource painter. Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
December 06, 2005, 10:36 AM
Leah
Thanks, I seem to have been shut off from the emails on this, so will have to check my profile. Yes it should be a feature.

Leah