Focal Point
aligning the OVER field

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8411049002

December 11, 2006, 05:04 AM
Aditya
aligning the OVER field
Hi,

I have used the OVER command to display fields vertically instead of horizontally.For all the fields displayed i have applied a style sheet.The style sheet does not work for the field that is used in the BY clause.

e.g

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT
A OVER
B
BY B NOPRINT PAGE_BREAK

ON TABLE HOLD AS REPORT FORMAT HTMTABLE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=A, CLASS=Title_Col1, $
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=B, CLASS=Title_Col1,$

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=A, CLASS=Data_Col1, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=B, CLASS=Data_Col1, $
END
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<style type="text/css">

.Title_Col1 { width:60%;font-family:Tahoma; font-size:8pt; font-weight:bold; color:#000000;
              background-color:#ffffff; text-align:center;}
 .Data_Col1 {width:40%; font-family:Courier; font-size:10pt; color:#000000;
             background-color:#ffffff; text-align:left; border-style: NONE;}

</style>
<BODY>
<div align="center">
!IBI.FIL.REPORT;
</div>
</BODY>
</HTML>
-HTMLFORM END

So for B the alignment does not work.

Regards,
Aditya
December 11, 2006, 05:44 AM
Tony A
Aditya,

You have two occurences of the Column B (even though one is NOPRINT) so you will need to differentiate between the two in your stylesheet by using the COLUMN=Nn notation (where "n" is the column number). A good document for stylesheet syntax is the WebFOCUS Quick Reference "Card" which is actually a booklet!!

Search for the document on the Tech Support site. You should be able to download it in PDF. I have printed one and keep it with me for those "dark" moments when the mind goes blank Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
December 11, 2006, 06:46 AM
Aditya
Thanks Tony,

Its working now.

Regards,
Aditya
December 11, 2006, 07:03 AM
Tony A
That's good to hear.

T
December 11, 2006, 10:54 AM
Francis Mariani
You asked the same question in "alignment problems" and probably in "OVER TABLE alignment problem".

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 11, 2006, 11:21 PM
Aditya
Hi francis,

Actually i had a problem with the "alignment problems" post,as i was not able to see any replies on that particular page.It was may be because of the 'code' '/code' exclusion.So i thought of posting it again.

Regards,
Aditya
December 12, 2006, 10:33 AM
Francis Mariani
When you post code, particularly when it contains HTML, add a [ code ] [ /code ] tag around the code, and check "Disable HTML" from the Options hyperlink on the left of the Posting window.

Cheers,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server