Focal Point
Calling WebFOCUS fex files from JSP files

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8411096322

April 16, 2007, 08:40 AM
Code Digger
Calling WebFOCUS fex files from JSP files
Hi,

We have some JReports which are being caleed from JSP Pages. Due to some reasons we need to migrate from JReports to WF Reports. Thus our concern is

a) Is it possible to call fex files on a separate Reporting server from a JSP file located on other Web Server. If yes, how to configure the two servers?

b) Can we call WF fex files from JSP code. If yes then please share some sample code.

Basically the functionality provided by beans etc in jsp is now to be replaced by WF fex files (like generating list for listboxes, calling reports etc)

Thus if someone has JSP code which calls Fex files then please share.

Regards
CD
April 16, 2007, 11:18 AM
Darin Lee
I'm not on the JSP development side, so I don't have the details, but we basically do what you are wanting via a URL embedded in the JSP. It contains the servlet call, all necessary parameter values, and proper credentials for authentication (The URL, of course, is hidden from the user). Some reports are all WF driven, and some actually use the JSP for department or user security, dates, etc. and then just passes those additional parms to WF to get the report. If you can't find the details you need, let me know and I'll try to get more info from our JSP developers.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat