Focal Point
[CLOSED] Dashboard migration across releases and PUBLIC USERS

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8417003026

May 17, 2012, 02:59 PM
Elysa
[CLOSED] Dashboard migration across releases and PUBLIC USERS
We are currently moving from rel 7.6.11 to rel 7.7.03 (UNIX)
I cannot migrate our public dashboards using the Change Management utility in 7.6.11. ; I get a JAVA error when trying to IMPORT the zip file. I used FTP to copy the worp_user, worp_html, and worp_custom subfolders for a specific app. However, it is not showing up when I log on to PUBLIC VIEWS.

As a side issue, in our current release we made the mistake of populating the PUBLIC USER with the app PIN of our very first dashboard application, but we have several applications with public dashboards, each of which has its own application PIN to launch its own dashboard with security access to its own data. We have been fighting with this since we installed 7.6.11 The others apps whose PIN is NOT the public user will fail as it is trying to authenticate using the PUBLIC USER. If we change the PUBLIC USER to get THAT dashboard working, then another app stops working.
Questions: MUST we have a public user? Is this related to why I can't see the other public dashboard that I migrated through FTP, or did I just not move the right files?

Thanks in Advance

Elysa
WebFOCUS 7.6.11 to 7.7.03

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
May 22, 2012, 02:38 PM
Kerry
Hi Elysa,

I checked with our technicals and was suggested that, since there are multiple issues involved, you may want to open a case with Customer Support Services for dedicated assistance. Please call 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.