Focal Point
Is it possible to brake the data

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8421051332

June 18, 2007, 05:02 PM
<NAG>
Is it possible to brake the data
Hi
I am using Web focus Developer Studio Version 7.1.4
In my report i have 10 tables and I am using across to fetch the data.
My data is spreading into 2 pages is it possible to brake the data and display in a single page.

Thanks
Nag.
June 18, 2007, 05:14 PM
Leah
What output format are you using. Across has no real break to wrap that I am aware, but if pdf and always the same number of columns you may be able to control with font size in your styling.

Leah
June 18, 2007, 05:20 PM
<NAG>
Iam using PDF outputFarmat.
Actually i have repot of 2 columns with top 5 and least 5 from each table as a "set"of one
But these "sets" coming as side by side instead of "set by set".
Total i have 10 "sets" like that
How can i do that?
June 18, 2007, 05:37 PM
Leah
Is there a way to uniquely identify which set is the high 5 and which set is the low 5. Is your code simple enough to post?

If you could identify the high and low, then maybe you could add a 'by' phrase to break on that and then give the data in the across common names.

Leah
June 18, 2007, 05:45 PM
<NAG>
Ya i identified that top 5 and least 5 and made one "set".
but my problum is arranging the sets(10) these "sets" coming as side by side to next page instead of "set by set" in one page (Horizontally Insted of Vertically).
June 19, 2007, 09:22 AM
Leah
quote:
my problum is arranging the sets(10) these "sets" coming as side by side to next page instead of "set by set" in one page (Horizontally Insted of Vertically).

Are your TOP 5 and Least 5 stored in unique variable names or are they the same as to field name. As I said previous, can you post some of the code that is generating the report?

Leah
June 19, 2007, 10:15 AM
Kamesh
You can achieve that by using SUBFOOT on each BY break.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat