Focal Point
Dynamically assign English or French characters to text fields

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8441005481

September 07, 2006, 03:36 PM
rfraser
Dynamically assign English or French characters to text fields
I am using HTML Launch pages with drop-down menus, text boxes, and push buttons created with WebFOCUS Resource Layout Painter. The HTML Launch pages call procedures within a self-service reporting application.

However the issue is that there is a requirement to dynamically assign English or French characters to text fields on the HTML Launch pages based on a language preference/value.

Is it possible to dynamically assign English or French characters to text fields on HTML Launch pages using WebFOCUS Resource Layout Painter? Any suggestions on how to accomplish this task is appreciated.

Thank you.

WF76,Windows XP/2003,UNIX, PDF, Excel, HTML
September 07, 2006, 06:23 PM
Francis Mariani
You can do this with Dialog Manager, but I don't think it can be done with Resource Layout Painter.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 11, 2006, 04:19 PM
<kreycraft>
We were able to dynamically set the calendar created within the painter for version 7.1.3. The HTML page needed to check the value of the MRE language variable (&IBIWF_language).

We then modified the ibiglb.js in the WF/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js directory and created French versions of the calendar files (dynCalendar.js and calendarInit-fr.js from the WF/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/maint directory).

It was messy but we couldn't find another way.