Focal Point
JAVA Call

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8451084651

February 28, 2006, 07:25 AM
Karanth
JAVA Call
Hi,
I would like to know if JAVA objects can be accessed through Web Focus. For example is it possible to call a JAVA function and then get an object from it to create a hold file?
February 28, 2006, 02:29 PM
dhagen
Yep.

You might want to call NY regarding this, as it is not trivial, and I have not done this in a few years (memory going and all that).

I'll see if I can locate an old example. Meanwhile, could you explain in a little more detail what you are trying to do? That way if I do locate the example, then I could disregard if it is not a match.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
March 01, 2006, 06:32 AM
Karanth
I am not too much into JAVA. More of a DB guy. But the idea is to have a B2B call and get data from a remote server. Web Focus needs to do a B2B call and get some data. Is this possible?
March 01, 2006, 11:30 AM
dhagen
Forget NY for now, call you local IBI office instead. If your thinking of using WF to do a B2B call, then business function is purely for query purposes(?). I would look into requesting the B2B call to be redeployed as a Web Service. This will depend on your business partner and their ability (and willingness) to deply the business call as a web service. If your business partner is willing to deploy their business function as a web service, then your local IBI office can assist with specing out web focus requirements for consuming the web service. IOW, WF can consume most web services, however, not all web services can be consumed for reporting purposes.

If the B2B call is not for query purposes, then the IBI iWay group can assist.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott