Focal Point
Upgrade to 7.6 Change of IIS Application Server from New Atlanta to Tomcat

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8471082732

July 16, 2007, 12:42 PM
hammo1j
Upgrade to 7.6 Change of IIS Application Server from New Atlanta to Tomcat
We are trying to follow the upgrade route that IBI will offer most support for in the future. We are going to swap from New Atlanta servlet (the original IBI default distribution) to Tomcat (only one provided in 7.6) as our Application Server

We are building a totally new instance and parallel running and then renaming.

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&...061082732#1061082732

There should be no problem in parallel running Atlanta and Tomcat since we will have built a new website instance under IIS and that website will have been provided with information to redirect queries from /ibi_apps and /rcaster context roots to the Tomcat application server.

I think the Tomcat uses totally different ports 8003-5 and 8080 as opposed to New Atlanta which uses 8888.

However I would be grateful if someone who has done this could confirm that there is no conflict and these 2 rival application servers can operate side by side!

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo
July 16, 2007, 02:38 PM
Kamesh
I tried to install two versions on the server. The first version is 533 running on IIS with Atlanta ServletExec and other one is 716 running on IIS with Tomcat. Even I created new website, that didn't worked for me. Finally I have to remove the servletexec and then only it worked.

If you able to find a way to do this, Please let us know.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat
July 17, 2007, 11:00 AM
dhagen
Not sure if this will help, but New Atlanta runs in low memory, while the jakarta redirector runs in high. I suspect - but cannot prove - that the new atlanta filter will win out whenever you request /ibi_apps or /rcaster. I would suggest that you change the web applications context names so that there are unique names for each filter. Maybe something like /ibi_apps76 and /rcaster76.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott