Focal Point
Error parsing report request - webFOCUS developer studio

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8481028331

January 25, 2005, 01:53 PM
<sandy13apr>
Error parsing report request - webFOCUS developer studio
Hi,
I am getting "Error parsing report request" message window whenever I am trying to open my report in Resource Layout Painter and then I can't Edit my report. Need help in sovling this problem.

thanks,
-Sandy
January 25, 2005, 04:32 PM
dhagen
Sandy, what version of dev studio are you using? Also, is this mre or from a self service folder? Is there any why you can post the code of the fex to this forum?
January 25, 2005, 07:44 PM
webfocuspgm
Hi Sandy,
I was getting this error the other day and called Tech Supt. Seems that this particular message covers a multitude of possible problems.

Maybe we can start posting problems and solutions in this post for future reference....

Here was my problem and my fix.....

I was using a parameter in a WHERE statement.

Example:

WHERE ( CTLENTYID EQ '&CEIS.Control Entity.' ) AND ( MTFTYPECD EQ 'ACK' ) AND ( SEGNBR EQ 8 ) AND ( SEGVAL GE 'A' );

The parameter needed to be set with a default, so I had to put in the following.

Example:
-DEFAULT &CEIS =

I opened my focexec in Text Editor and put the
-DEFAULT &CEIS = at the top of my focexec.

Maybe this is your issue maybe it isn't again I was told that this error message covers many different problems and it's sometimes trial and error determining the solution.