Focal Point
Report Caster with excel attachment

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8511021051

January 20, 2006, 04:08 PM
Bethany
Report Caster with excel attachment
I've set up a report to be run from Report Caster and sent as an excel attachment. I have received the following error message: unable to distribute to b******@luc.edu;552 Error: message too large

When I run the report and the excel output is opened in a browser window, the properties show that the file is over 9M. However, when I save that file as an EXL2K file from the browser and look at the size of the excel file is only 2.6M.

What is the reason for the large discrepancy in file sizes? Is it the overhead of having to have excel functionality in the browser?

Also, any ideas on how to get this file sent as an attachment?

Thanks

Server Environment: Win2K3 Server WebFOCUS 7.13 Apache Tomcat standalone application server
January 20, 2006, 05:06 PM
susannah
have you tried having your hold format be excel rather than exl2k? less xml overhead.
(my company has a 5meg limit to attachment file sizes), so i've taken to parking the exl2k on a network location, then castering the link to it.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
January 20, 2006, 05:35 PM
Bethany
thanks for the suggestion, but I'm using table on contents which i believe requires exl2k. i think link to the library may be the best option.

Server Environment: Win2K3 Server WebFOCUS 7.13 Apache Tomcat standalone application server