Focal Point
looping in html

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8531018331

November 18, 2004, 11:10 AM
Pam Kratt
looping in html
I'm able to loop in pdf and get my report to be graph then report for account 1 then graph then report for account 2. I need to do this for html also but I keep getting system error. I know very very little html.

Susannah mentioned the following in another e-mail, but I'm not able to figure out the actual looping commands. I just keep getting system error. I was able to create all the reports and graphs, I just can't get them to all display. I need to loop through and display the following (or something like this ... something similar to the below worked in pdf). Where the cnt changes from 1 to the total number of accounts read in the file. Thanks.

!IBI.FIL.HEADER&CNT.EVAL;
!IBI.FIL.GRAPH&CNT.EVAL;
!IBI.FIL.TABLE&CNT.EVAL;

This is what Susannah mentioned in another e-mail.
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<TABLE>
<TR>
-* you can loop here as well
<TD>
<!-- WEBFOCUS TABLE TAB1 -->
<TD>
!IBI.FIL.GRAPH1;
</TR>
-* end of loop if you want to do a loop
-* otherwise write them out individually
<TR>
<TD>
<!-- WEBFOCUS TABLE TAB2 --> etc.
November 18, 2004, 11:34 AM
<kvn>
It seems like you're having a similar problem I had. Take a look at my post on Multiple graphs on BY field?. Grzegorz replied to me with a very good example.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,
November 18, 2004, 03:50 PM
susannah
you'll use dialog manager.
When your HTMLFORM is built inside a fex, you can use dialog manager commands right inside the html..
-SET &KOUNTER = 0 ;
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
[HTML>
[TABLE>
-TOPLOOP
-SET &KOUNTER = & KOUNTER + 1;
<TR><TD>
now your bang ibi files
-IF &KOUNTER LE 50 GOTO TOPLOOP;
[/TABLE>
[/HTML>
-HTMLFORM END
you can of course use a REPEAT statement as well, instead of an explicit check on loop count
November 18, 2004, 06:32 PM
Pam Kratt
thanks. That worked great! I couldn't get it to work on the desktop (it would only display one graph and one report even if I hardcoded all the tables) but as soon as I put the commands in our intranet code it worked great.
November 19, 2004, 02:15 AM
susannah
cool. congrats!