Focal Point
[CLOSED] File Download - Security Warning

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8531051132

June 05, 2007, 12:32 PM
BlueZone
[CLOSED] File Download - Security Warning
We have an Internet based reporting app that our customers run from their respective sites. One client is having an issue opening a PDF report on ONE SPECIFIC PC. The user gets a "File Download - Security Warning" window with the following content -

Do you want to save this file?
Name : WFServlet
Type : Unknown File Type, 5.85KB
2 buttons - SAVE & Cancel

Again, this happens on only 1 of their PCs. There was a similar post previously from Francis-M regarding format TAB, and the suggestions were to change some settings. I am not sure if that is applicable in my case.

Please advise. TIA.
Sandeep Mamidenna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music
June 05, 2007, 01:20 PM
Leah
Do they have the option to 'don't show this message again'. Sounds as if the settings in IE if that is what is being used for the application. I just had to reset all my home options on pop ups, and saving/opening from MRE as all my settings were reset when I was having issues with communications at home and the tech rep cleared out everything.

I'm sure it is a browser setting though.

Leah
June 05, 2007, 03:23 PM
BlueZone
I am sure you are right about it being somekind of an IE setting Leah. The problem is that this PC is not accessible for me to compare my settings to it.

And from the screen shots sent to me, there is no "Do not ask me again" check box. Only has 2 buttons - Save & Cancel.

I was hoping someone on the forums would be able to point me to the appropriate settings.
Thank you so much for help Leah !!

Sandeep Mamidenna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 05, 2007, 03:27 PM
BlueZone
Does anyone think this could be also be caused by an inadequate Java version on that PC ? Could that cause issues in interpreting the WFServlet ?

June 05, 2007, 08:04 PM
susannah
Sandeep,
PC DUO might be a good investment for you, as you seem to have off site clients .. If its an acceptable option for your network folks, you'll be able to look at their screens, navigate around, and debug.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
June 06, 2007, 06:27 AM
hammo1j
The user needs to change the explorer file type settings for the type of documents being downloaded - there is info on this I previously posted somewhere.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo
June 07, 2007, 12:53 PM
BlueZone
Thank you for your suggestions Ms. Susannah & hammo1j. I will try those suggestions too, but here is the response from IBI techsupport when I opened a case on this -

"Change permissions on Jakarta virtual directory in IIS to be 'scripts and executables'. "

I am still to try it out, but want to document this here just in case someone looks it up in the future. I will come back and post the results when done.

Sandeep Mamidenna

June 20, 2007, 11:05 AM
Kamesh
Did you solve this issue?

I am also running in to this issue now. Please tell me, how you fixed it?

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat
December 05, 2008, 08:14 AM
dcorp
Did a solution ever get posted for the File Download - Security Warning? I am experiencing the same problem and cannot resolve. Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML
August 12, 2011, 08:46 AM
DCutler
quote:
Originally posted by dcorp:
Did a solution ever get posted for the File Download - Security Warning? I am experiencing the same problem and cannot resolve. Thanks in advance.

Just had this same problem on a new PC with IE7. Solved the problem by Re-installing Adobe reader. I was pretty sure I had bad install and installing the latest Reader fixed the problem THe WFServlet in PDF opens seamlessly now.

Dev Studio 7.6.9, Server: Win2003 Advanced Server
WebFocus 7.6.9, Desktop: Windows XP SP2
Excel 2003 SP, IE 7.0, IBM iSeries 570 DB2, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0