Focal Point
Maintain Combo Box

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8541091422

April 19, 2007, 11:15 AM
<Vijaya_settu>
Maintain Combo Box
Hello,
I've created the form in maintain and added combo boxes. Currently I don't have value for the combo box. I need populate the value from the report.For example: Fanrpt has a field "Division". I want this field show in my form as combo box. I looked at the help manual, I could n't find anything related this problem..

Please let me know if anyone has suggestion regarding this....

Thanks
Vijaya
April 19, 2007, 11:40 AM
KevinG
Vijaya,

Report output is easily used to populate a stack, but in the case on a combo box, why don't you just load a stack with the values from the DB to populate the combo box?

Kevin

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX
April 19, 2007, 12:58 PM
<Vijaya_settu>
Kevin ,
Earlier I also tried just like you suggested. But it was just populating the values from the combo box. But I want the report to show when the user selected the value from the combobox.Please let me know if have any other suggestion regarding this....

Thanks
Vijaya
April 22, 2007, 02:47 AM
Alan B
Vijaya

As Kevin said populating a combo box from a report is straightforward, and using a value from a combo box for a report is also straightforward.

I am uncertain what you want to achieve. Can you show an example of what you want to do please.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
April 23, 2007, 09:28 AM
<Vijaya_settu>
Hello Alan,
I do know it is easy to populating the combobox from launch page to Report.

But I have problem in Maintain form. I have Created a form with combobox with values coming from divisionStack. When I run the application and select the value from the combobox and hit the search button . It should give output from the HTML Stack depends on the user selceted from the combo box. For Example: If I select "Technology " From the drop down and hit the search button. The HTML Stack should only show Technology Division. Please let me know if you have suggestion regarding this problem...

Thanks
Vijaya
April 23, 2007, 10:36 AM
Maintain Wizard
Vijaya
When you select a value from the Combobox, you can retrieve it in two ways. The first is to use the notation: Stack().selection, or in your case DivisionStack().Division. That value contains the currently selected item in the combo box. You can THEN pass that value to the procedure performing the Table. For example:

COMPUTE SEL/A10 = DivisionStk().Divistion
EXEC REPORT1 FROM SEL Into HTMLStack

In the REPORT1.FEX you would have:

TABLE FILE file
PRINT fields
WHERE DIVISION = '&1';
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END
-RUN

Notice that we are passing in the variable SEL, but we are retrieving it as &1. Values passed to an EXEC'd procedure are retreived sequentially; &1, &2, etc... Also, since I am assuming that DIVISION is an alpha, the amper value is in quotes. I hope this helps.

Mark Derwin

PS The second way to retrieve the values is by using the SelectedItem parm from the properties sheet, but I would rather use the notation above.
April 23, 2007, 11:59 AM
Anatess
Check out this previous post. It helped me out when I created my own maintain combobox.
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...611040412#1611040412

WF 8.1.05 Windows