Focal Point
Run Stand-alone launch page

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8561039942

October 03, 2007, 11:56 AM
Norb Eckert
Run Stand-alone launch page
Hi,

I have a launch page that I created with the HTML Layout tool which contains (2) IB calendar widgets, 4 drop-down lists and a checkbox. The user selects/enters parameters, hits a run button and and external fex runs.

I don't really want to setup a dashboard just to run this HTML page. Is there anyway to run the HTM file on it's own? I would like to distribute a shortcut or link to the file for the user. I can run the HTM file from inside Developer Studio and all is well but if I create a shortcut and put it on the my local desktop, no calendar is displayed and one of the drop-down list which is dependant on a Focus table is blank.

Short of creating a dashboard to run the fex from; is my only alternative to create an HTML page, populate the parameters and call the fex myself from within the page?

Thanks,

Norb

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9
October 03, 2007, 12:10 PM
GinnyJakes
The link would be:

ort/approot/directory/htmlpage.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://yourwebserverRazzerort/approot/directory/htmlpage.htm.

This is assuming a self-service.

You can then send this link to your users.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
October 03, 2007, 12:15 PM
Tom Flynn
Norb,

If you are using MRE, then create a FEX with -HTMLFORM filename.htm and have the user execute the FEX.

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
October 07, 2007, 05:54 PM
Norb Eckert
Ginny,

I don't understand the exact text that you typed in your response. Can you enter it again? I dont' get the "ort" part of the link and a smiley face was embedded right in the middle of it as well.

Thanks,

Norb

October 08, 2007, 02:40 AM
Tony A
Norb,

Giiny's post is affected by the UBB software used on this (and many other) bulletin boards, where certain character strings are parsed as emoticons (smileys) such as colon and p as in Ginny's post.

The full URL that ginny posted can be interpretted as -
http://yourwebserver:port/approot/directory/htmlpage.htm.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
October 08, 2007, 09:51 AM
GinnyJakes
Thanks, Tony. But it was cute.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
October 08, 2007, 10:49 AM
Norb Eckert
Thanks Tony.

Based on your reply I was able to get the HTML page to run properly with all the bells and whistles. Yay!

Thanks Tony and Ginny.

Norb

October 08, 2007, 11:39 AM
Larry Doley
Here's what I do with this type of problem - Since I work with Oracle and haven't touched sqlserver in about 6 years my example would be with oracle. I switch out to the operating system and run a script that contains everything I want to do. If I have to I create the script first. So I will run sqlloader routines from that etc. You could use sqlservers bulk load facility if you are doing a whole bunch of inserts.

Another option is to create loop in focus and inside the loop have an insert/update statement that has &variables in it. Then just keep reading off the &variables and executing and comitting the sql. This isn't going to be very efficient for a large number but for a few dozen who'd notice?
October 09, 2007, 02:28 AM
Tony A
Norb,

It was all Ginny, I only interpreted the URL knowing what UBB code does Confused

and yes Ginny, it does make it look a little less austere but can be a mite confusing for some

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
October 09, 2007, 11:55 AM
GinnyJakes
I didn't do it on purpose, Tony. I just have to be more careful when I type stuff so that it doesn't get interpreted improperly.

Ginny
October 09, 2007, 06:09 PM
Norb Eckert
Thanks Ginny,

The end-user is one happy little camper now.

Norb