Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Hiding FOCEXEC param values in URL

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Hiding FOCEXEC param values in URL
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
We need to hide/remove the parameter values showing in URL when we click drilldown link from report page. Is there any options available to mask parameters in FOCEXEC ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF7.6.9, Windows
HTML / PDF / Excel

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I dont think you can hide the params when you use WF FOCEXEC in the style sheet to drill down..

You can call a Javascript in the style sheet passing the params to that function and use a form in the HTML to call the drill down report using POST method..

here is the code:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
RETAIL_COST
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=COUNTRY,
JAVASCRIPT=drillToThis(N1 N2),
$
END
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<HTML>
<SCRIPT>
function drillToThis(fld1,fld2)
{

document.form1.PARAM1.value = fld1;
document.form1.PARAM2.value = fld2;
document.form1.submit();
}
</script>
<body>
<form method=post name=form1 id=form1>
<input type=hidden name=IBIAPP_app id=IBIAPP_app value = baseapp>

-*<input type=hidden name=IBIC_server id=IBIC_server value ="EDASERVE">
-*<input type=hidden name=IBIWF_msgviewer id=IBIWF_msgviewer value ="OFF">
-*<input type=hidden name=IBIMR_drill id=IBIMR_drill value ="X,producti/producti.htm">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" id=IBIF_ex NAME="IBIF_ex" VALUE="drilldownfex.fex">
<input type=hidden id=PARAM1 name=PARAM1 value="">
<input type=hidden id=PARAM2 name=PARAM2 value="">
</form>

</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END
-EXIT

WF 7.7.03/Windows/HTML,PDF,EXL
POC/local Dev Studio 7.7.03 & 7.6.11

Expert
posted Hide Post
I think this might be the only discussion on FocalPoint on the subject: FOCEXEC USING POST METHOD.

I would open a case with Tech Support - I can't believe this isn't a SETable option.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Simple: no.

When you use a 'click drilldown' the parameters are passed to the next call on the URL.

Only way I can think of is to create some code yourself in html to emulate the hyperlink with a form with hidden inputs and using method=post.
( Like Francis saids a few minutes before me, making me edit this post Smiler)

Hiding or masking the parameters sounds like your solution to a problem.
But what is the problem? There might be other solutions.

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Severus - Sample code was realy useful and helped for the solution. Thank you.

Hi Francis - Thanks for the action and let me know if you have any updates.

Hi Dave - The user dont want the parameter values visible in URL when drill down the report. It may cause any security attacks like SQL injection. So we are trying to remove the parameter values from Drill done URL

WF7.6.9, Windows
HTML / PDF / Excel