Focal Point
[SOLVED] How To Refresh Procedure From Test To Production

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8587037786

September 12, 2017, 09:25 AM
spp_123
[SOLVED] How To Refresh Procedure From Test To Production
Does anyone know how to force refresh a procedure and report when it's moved from a test environment to the production environment? The only difference between our test vs. live environment are separate adaptors.

What I've done is opened the properties on the procedure, and changed the application path from the test to the live option. After doing this, both report and procedure are not showing new information that's been imported through production.

My manager is no longer with the company and he left with this information. :-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spp_123,

WebFocus 8105, Windows 2016, HTML
September 12, 2017, 09:43 AM
MartinY
You should use the "Change Management" process to migrate from one env to another.
Nothing else should be done assuming that you have two distinct servers (test & prod) which should (ideally) be with WF8.

If you have both env on the same server with two different folders (test & prod), then you may have a lot of work to do to re-map all the elements (embedded & referenced) to the proper folder.
There is no easy "Refresh" button.

It's also possible that I don't have properly understood your question. If so, please clarify.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
September 12, 2017, 10:31 AM
spp_123
Thank you MartinY. I realized I needed to open the .ACX file and change the application path from test to production. That fixed the problem.

WebFocus 8105, Windows 2016, HTML