Focal Point
What is this?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8601038331

February 01, 2005, 12:25 PM
<Kalyan>
What is this?
"(FOC35804) BAD STATUS CODE (-12) RECEIVED FROM SERVER TEST
(FOC35862) EDA STATUS (-12): ERROR RECEIVING DATA FROM SERVER
(INTERNAL001) ngget received remote disconnect
(FOC35804) BAD STATUS CODE (-13) RECEIVED FROM SERVER TEST
(FOC35863) EDA STATUS (-13): INVALID OPERATION
(INTERNAL001) ngget received remote disconnect
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -12 (HEX: FFFFFFF4)
"

In my report I try to run a native sql using REMOTE BEGIN
SQL SQLDBC
----
END
REMOTE END

I know for sure that the sql is fine as I am able to test the results independently without WebFOCUS

But when I run the query through WebFOCUS it collapses. The query involves about 6 left outerjoins. Could this be a problem?

I am also forced to do no of group by's Is there a limitation on this?

Thanks in advance
Kalyan
February 01, 2005, 01:33 PM
j.gross
If you search Tech Support for "(FOC35804) BAD STATUS CODE (-12) RECEIVED FROM SERVER", you'll find a "Known Problem" with similar symptoms.

The doc - http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/known_problems/91811009.html - seems to deal with a hub-sub-sub arrangement: the original fex on the local WF server makes a remote call, and the remote WF server turns to another remote WF server to get at the SQL data. Does that resemble your situation?

I'd open a case with Support.
February 01, 2005, 06:31 PM
susannah
BAD STATUS CODE -9 means it can't get to the server; I'll get that when EDA is down on my remote box.
BAD STATUS CODE -12 is data related. I'll get that if files are temp. unavailable, or it a masterfile and access file have vanished...or (heavenforbid) if i never made them.
That's not the only reason, but its always related to data.; So you may be right, there. Can you try your joins incrementally?

BAD STATUS CODE -13 is a new one to me, which is guess is a good thing. Smiler
February 02, 2005, 03:19 PM
j.gross
-9 generally means the remote WF reporting server wasn't reachable. (It's down, or your local server's connection information is incorrect)

-12 = lost contact with remote server. (Your local server is reporting that a connection was made and then dropped. Typically, it means the assigned remote agent died somewhere in the midst of the REMOTE request.)

-13 = "command out of sequence". (Here, just fallout from the -12: the original context went up in smoke with the -12, but your local server kept talking as if nothing happened; the remote server rejected the next gambit, saying: that's not how to begin the conversation.)

So: Ignore the -13, and try to isolate the cause of the -12.