Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     stored procedure sql server webfocus

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
stored procedure sql server webfocus
 Login/Join

posted
when i execute a sp from webfocus to sql server, it executes a query which returns a result set,what can i do in order to see that result of that query from webfocus, i tried to get from SQLOUT but couldn't do it

Expert
posted Hide Post
R.E.M. fan?

What error message are you getting and how are you calling the proc?

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah i like r.e.mSmiler

SET FOCUS=ON
SET SQLENGINE=SQLMSS
SQL SQLMSS EX DENEME.DBO.sifre_kontrol &AUDITOR,'&PASS'
END
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS DENEME
END
TABLE FILE DENEME
PRINT *
END
TABLE FILE DENEME
PRINT *
END

is the code i am using. If i send paramater from the html screen to that procedure "file download" screen appears and if i said open then ms dos screen appears, strangely if i make an error in my code,and run these proecdure,i take an error page oc course but after taking the error message if refresh my screen i got the results correctly,what can be the problem?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If &AUDITOR is an alphanumeric parameter, you'll need to quote it, just as you've done for &PASS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode

Posts: 210 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: November 03, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
nope, AUDITOR is a numeric parameter

Expert
posted Hide Post
Are you getting this error message?

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 2812 (HEX: 00000AFC) XOPEN: 42000 : [37000]
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored
procedure 'sifre_kontrol'. (FOC1405) SQL PREPARE ERROR.

If so then try adding this after FOCUS=ON (what is this SET anyway - I can't recall using it, ever)

SQL SQLMSS SET SERVER nnnnnnnnnnn

If that doesn't help then please post the entire error message you are getting from your fex.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
as a matter of fact i dont get any error message,
i get "windows file download screen" when i run the query,it warns me that it can be harmful to do such a thing and it is trying to open ibiweb.exe,but interestingly if i make something wrong in my code consciusly and get error message,after refreshing the page, i get the correct result wtihout getting that download warning

Expert
posted Hide Post
Then you don't really have a problem as it is windows intercepting the output from the WebFOCUS client server and you will have to change your browser settings(active content? - not too sure on this) to allow these files to auto-display.

I'm sure someone will pipe up and tell you what setting it really is! Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

posted Hide Post
then right now,only thing i can do is to wait that someone Smiler

Master
posted Hide Post
Try this way,

SQL SQLMSS SET SERVER &servername
END
SQL SQLMSS

EX DENEME.DBO.sifre_kontrol &AUDITOR,'&PASS';

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS TT
END
TABLE FILE TT
PRINT *
END

Hope this will work. Which version you are running.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
ok, this code worked

thanks a lot kamesh and tony for your help.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI...

It's been my experience that you can only make one pass at SQLOUT

So you'll see that Kamesh TABLES the SQLOUT and creates another temporary file.

Carol

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2k3

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post