Focal Point
[SOLVED] Union - Append - Match???

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/86610529

April 24, 2009, 02:22 PM
Andrea
[SOLVED] Union - Append - Match???
I am trying to use Developer Studio and one of the tools available to take records from one table and add them to another table. I have 20 with Name and Address in Table A and I have 50 with Name and Address in Table B. I need my result to be Table C with Name and Address (containing 70 rows of data). I have tried the Match tool and have had zero luck. Any ideas? Thank you. Andrea

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Developer Studio / Report Painter / MRE
Unix / Solaris
Outputs: Excel, HTML,PDF
April 24, 2009, 02:31 PM
GinnyJakes
Use the MORE command, i.e. Universal Concatenation. You need to read up on it to understand the restrictions.

Create the first part using File A and put the data in a hold file. You'll have to add the MORE part in the editor. Then open the hold file in the painter to do the styling, etc.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
April 27, 2009, 09:14 AM
PBrightwell
More will only work if your files are in the same format. Try creating a dummy field in each table and then match on Name and Address. This will give you a file with Name, Address, SP, SP:

DEFINE FILE A
SP/A1=' ';
END
DEFINE FILE B
SP/A1=' ';
END
MATCH FILE A
SUM SP
BY NAME
BY ADDRESS
RUN
FILE B
SUM SP
BY NAME
BY ADDRESS
AFTER MATCH HOLD OLD-OR-NEW
END

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
April 30, 2009, 03:38 PM
Andrea
Thank you - the MATCH module in the Report Painter tool has worked successfully.

Problem Solved. Thank you.

Andrea

WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Developer Studio / Report Painter / MRE
Unix / Solaris
Outputs: Excel, HTML,PDF