Focal Point
[SOLVED] Excel/PDF Issue with spot markers

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/86610722

February 27, 2009, 07:46 AM
tlbrydie2
[SOLVED] Excel/PDF Issue with spot markers
The solution for this was as follows.

HTML - The spot markers worked as expected.

PDF - I had to position the Subtotal/Grand Total fields with the "N" stylesheet syntax which represents a field number. This was needed as opposed to the "P" because in some instances columns are were not present.

EXCEL - The Subtotal/Grand Total fields were placed in the correct position by setting a variable for colspan equal to the desired position when all columns were present and decrementing colspan each time a field was deselected. Then printing the Subtot/Grandtot rows with that variable.

Thanks

Hello,

I have an issue with spotmarkers with a Excel/PDF report.

I have a report of which 3 version be selected to be viewed. HTML, Excel, PDF. In these reports columns can be deselected the report also has a subtotal line and a total line. The positioning of those two lines is to appear in the correct location when columns are deselected from the body of the report. Data Columns are selected/deselected from the launch page by setting a flag (checking a box). In my program I check the flag for a perticular column...if it deselected I assigne a spotmarker<+0> to that columns position so that when my subtot/granttot section is printed it appears in the correct position. This works great in HTML...however in excel/pdf the spotmarkers arfe not respected and the subtot/grandtot lones are left justified. If someone coule offer assistance I would greatly appreaciate it. In the case below non of the spotmarkers are interpreted and the lines show up in one cell...all left justified ie.

subtotal$12,00$13,000..................
total$17,321$15,00...........

-*---------------------
-* SUBFOOT
-*---------------------
ON be_merch_num SUBFOOT
" <+0> Subtotal <+0> <+0> <+0> <+0>&STGROSALEAMT&STCOAMT&STRESAMTWITH&STFUNDSREL&STCURRESBAL&STCHGBKCNT&STCHGBKAMT"
ON bank_num SUBFOOT
"Total <+0> <+0> <+0> <+0> <+0>&TOTGROSALEAMT&TOTCOAMT&TOTRESAMTWITH&TOTFUNDSREL&TOTCURRESBAL&TOTCHGBKCNT&TOTCHGBKAMT"  

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tlbrydie2,

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.10 MRE
Oracle/Sybase
Test: DevStudio 7.6.6
WF Server 7.6.6
Report Caster 7.6.6
Web Server - Tomcat
MS Windows XP SP2
Output: HTML, Excel 2000 , PDF, CSV, DOC

February 27, 2009, 09:24 AM
tlbrydie2
Tom,

I hope you are not insunuating that I have not done some searching(as I continue to search). I currently have the TYPE=HEADING,HEADALIGN=BODY, $ statement in my program however it not working...I will now continue with my search.

Timothy

Oracle/Sybase
WF Server 7.6.6
Report Caster 7.6.6
Web Server - Tomcat
MS Windows XP SP2

February 27, 2009, 10:52 AM
tlbrydie2
Sorry Tom...For me sensitivity increases as deadlines shortens(ask my wife). Please forgive my Idiosyncrasies. As always Thanks for your assistance.

Timothy

Oracle/Sybase
WF Server 7.6.6
Report Caster 7.6.6
Web Server - Tomcat
MS Windows XP SP2