Focal Point
[SOLVED by case] Composer layout with multi procedures with hold file error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/871103464

June 11, 2010, 01:47 PM
BKR
[SOLVED by case] Composer layout with multi procedures with hold file error
I am trying to create a compound procedure containing one report procedure and two graph procedures. Each procedure runs fine when run one at a time. But, when I try to add the either graph procedure to the compound procedure I get the following error message:

The "HOLD" file name is missing from the graph request. Please, correct the problem before running layout.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

7.6.8, Windows XP
Excel, PDF, Active HTML, HTML, PDF
June 11, 2010, 03:03 PM
GinnyJakes
The restrictions for graphs in a compound document are clearly spelled out in the documentation. Please make sure that your HOLD statement looks like this:
ON GRAPH HOLD AS HOLD FORMAT SVG

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
June 14, 2010, 04:14 PM
BKR
I am not getting the hold file error anymore however, even though I have a report procedure and 2 graph procedures within this compound procedure, I am not getting any results for the report procedure or second graph procedure when I execute this compound procedure. All 3 procedures are in pdf format. I would appreciate any guidance offered.

7.6.8, Windows XP
June 15, 2010, 09:36 AM
RSquared
Did you code the first output PDF OPEN, the second as PDF, and the third as PDF CLOSE ?

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit
June 15, 2010, 09:55 AM
GinnyJakes
BKR, are you using the Document Composer? If yes, add the objects one at a time and test. I suspect that the problem is in one of your graphs. If the Document Composer doesn't like them, you won't get output. So if the compound report works with only the report, then you can be sure that it is one of the graphs. I was helping one of my users with the same problem last week and the problem turned out to be the PIXELS designation for the size. Once I changed it to INCHES, I was able to see the graph.

Give this a try and let us know how it goes. While you can use the older syntax that RSquared recommended, I'd like to see you progress with the new tool if that is what you are using.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
June 15, 2010, 04:18 PM
BKR
I resolved this problem with IBI Support. There was a line of code APP HOLD BASEAPP which I commented out and the compound procedure now runs fine.

7.6.8, Windows XP